Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
This leading global financial institution delivers a broad range of financial services across investment banking, securities, investment management and consumer banking to a large and diversified client base.
They are currently seeking multiple SRE’s who can work with application system owners to develop effective SLOs that capture business needs. You will be required to develop effective monitoring solutions and infrastructure to support large real-time systems.
The SRE is responsible for the availability and reliability of the firm's most critical platform services, and ensures they meet the requirements of their internal and external users. You will drive the incident management process and participate in system design consulting, platform management, and capacity planning to build reliability into new systems.
We’re looking for engineers who are motivated, have strong communication skills, drive, and ownership.
- Ideally you have 5+ years’ commercial experience but we will consider exceptional engineers with 2+ years’ experience
- You are highly skilled with an OO language (e.g. Java, C++) and another software language (e.g. Go, Python) – however, you are language agnostic.
- Collaborate with development teams to share SRE culture and practices.
- Experience automating operational tasks
- Experience with algorithms, data structures and software design or experience with UNIX operating systems internals.