Australia, $100,000 - $160,000 + super
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
This growing international software company is looking for talented SREs to join the team and work on the company’s production infrastructure services and will use real-life operational experiences to contribute to product improvements.
As a Site Reliability Engineer you will be in a unique position to improve products and the Open-source software they are based on. You will be required to provide critical feedback to developers on how their products operate at scale as well as writing code, submitting bugs, and working with other teams within the company.
You can understand and operate cloud and container technology from kernel to dashboard - OpenStack and Kubernetes. You will maintain operational responsibility for all of the core services, networks, and infrastructure. As well as develop new features and improve the resilience and scalability of the existing cloud and container portfolio.
You’ll be part of a global team of SREs that work together and support each other to provide the best possible services. This is a remote / work from home opportunity, so while working as part of a larger regional team, you must be comfortable managing your day independently.
- Degree educated with a Bachelors in Software Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Python software development experience
- Strong modern engineering background (peer-review, unit testing, SCM, CI/CD, Agile)
- Extensive Knowledge of cloud computing concepts and technologies
- Practical knowledge of Linux networking, routing, and firewalls.
- Web caching experience (Squid, Varnish, Nginx)
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable.
- The ability to be productive and organized and capable of working from home full time.