Tokyo, ¥10m - ¥12m
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
Senior Technical Support Engineer wanted for Global leader in Open Source Software – Tokyo (Work From Home)
Do you have a passion for Open Source Software? Our client is looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer to work across a market leading suite of products.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will gain experience working across the latest range of cloud technologies and Linux based systems.
This is a remote / work from home opportunity, so while working as part of a larger regional team, you must be comfortable managing your day independently and be comfortable not working in a traditional office environment.
• At least five years’ experience supporting Linux systems
• Knowledge and understanding of hosting and deploying on Linux
• Experience working on cloud based systems, OpenStack, virtualization and other Cloud Technologies
• Advanced trouble shooting skills, from application through to kernel dump analysis.
• Advanced knowledge in any of the following;
o CI/CD tooling
• Degree educated with a Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable
• A real interest in Open Source Software
• Comfortable working remotely.
• Must be fluent in Japanese and English