Sydney, Up to circa. $195,000 + super + bonus + benefits
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
Leading Australian entertainment and streaming company is seeking a Principal Engineer to join and lead a talented team of engineers, with a strong background in using technology such as Java, AWS, Spring Boot, microservices, Kubernetes and CI/CD.
You will be involved in complex projects, lead a small team and take projects end to end. There is a lot of integration involved with high volume public facing APIs in the cloud, as well as fail-tolerant internal systems, therefore you need to be seasoned in building/reviewing extensible, robust and fine-tuned code.
You will be joining a nationally renowned company who have some amazing perks on offer within a collaborative environment. We are seeking a professional, ambitious and proactive architect who loves being hands on.
- Previous experience leading a small team
- Experience in full SDLC
- Extensive experience in the Java ecosystem, OO design and patterns
- Extensive experience with open source Java technologies and frameworks such as Spring
- Experience with design and development of REST web services
- Experience with AWS, Spring Boot, microservices and Kubernetes.
- Excellent communication skills; both written and verbal