Sydney, $140,000 + super
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
Australia's leading technology-led consumer lending and investment business are seeking a savvy Data Engineer to join their growing team of analytics experts. You will have an engineering background, bring you data warehousing expertise and be ready to hit the ground running.
You will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys building data systems from the ground up and then optimising them. In doing this you will be confident in Python and streaming analytics tools such as SQL and Spark.
You will be working with existing data to diagnose the biggest data problems within the business and presenting solutions. You will assist in organising the data and expose it to business users and ultimately lead the business to a more data-driven culture.
The ideal candidate must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of various internal stakeholders. You will be excited by the prospect of re-designing the current data architecture and optimizing it to support their next generation of products and data initiatives.
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role
- Experience working with experience using object-oriented programming languages preferably Python
- Proven history working with SQL Server, AWS, Spark
- Experience distilling disparate data sources into understandable, useful datasets that can be accessed and used by business users via common tools
- Strong project management and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Degree qualified in Computer Science or equivalent