Sydney, $80,000 - $130,000 + super and bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
Global innovative financial trading company seeking Automation Engineer / Data Analyst (Python)
One of the world’s most innovative proprietary trading companies is seeking an exceptional Automation Engineer / Data Analyst focused on automating their accounts systems and provide them with a platform for further analytics.
You will work closely with the accounting team and other developers, traders and IT operations engineers across the business in a collaborative and open environment. Your role will be a standalone technical position within the team, but you will be able to lean on other resources across the business.
The role will involve seeking out opportunities to automate the finance teams workflow and provide data analytics and visualisation of data in order to provide them with various insights. You will play a key role in rolling out the enhance BI and Forecast capabilities and be able to forge your own career path within the business.
The successful candidate will have:
• Experience working with Python and a passion for automation
• Knowledge of Software Engineering Best Practices (Design Patterns, SOLID)
• Experience with Excel/Google Sheets
• Strong communication skills
• A strong academic background with a degree in ideally Computer Science or Accounting
• Prior experience with Pandas Python, Git and PowerBI/Tableau beneficial