Sydney, Highly Competitive Salary
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
Reputable global investment bank and financial services company is seeking a skilled Java Software Engineer to join their Sydney team. You will be joining an Engineering team responsible for developing a global strategic trading platform used across a number of business units.
You will bring your professional Java development experience along with object orientated analysis and design skills, knowledge of data structures and algorithms. You will be working with global teams on projects that globally impact.
Ideally you will have experience with modern full stack architecture based on micro-services and NoSQL data stores experience. This role will have you working with message orientated middleware such as Apache Kafka, Nginx and RabbitMQ, as well as back end REST API services. You are comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team.
- 2+ years of professional Java development experience
- Familiarity with automated testing, DevOps and Continuous Deployment
- Strong knowledge of data structures
- Excellent communication skills including experience speaking to both technical and business audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline