Sydney, $115,000 - $135,000 + super + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
Multinational risk management advisory, insurance broking and solutions company are seeking a passionate Software Developer in Test to join a multi-faceted and close-knit Engineering team. In this evolving role you will work to develop market leading InsureTech software solutions and ensure products are meeting high levels of reliability, maintainability, usability and performance.
Within this role you will work collaboratively alongside product owners, software engineers and other test team members to develop C# and PowerShell based tests using various frameworks such as Ranorex and Cypress to help create User Stories. Prior experience working with: Azure platform, Azure DevOps, Azure DevOps Pipelines, TeamCity, Git, GUI test automation; Rest API testing frameworks like Postman or JMeter, as well as knowledge on code coverage tools are highly desirable but not essential.
You will also be responsible for defining acceptance criteria and translating those into test specifications to identify opportunities for test automation. The right candidate for this role will have a genuine passion for software testing and will have sound experience within both manual and automation testing. Paired with a keen ability to investigate the root cause of code which is not behaving as expected in a methodical and efficient manner.
- Proficient in developing automated test suites using scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Python, etc) and in an OO mainstream language (e.g., C#, C++, etc)
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Testing experience with both desktop and web applications
- Excellent communication and report writing skills, as well as high numeracy skills
- Industry experience with defect management systems and workflows
- Demonstrable experience implementing and documenting test environments and test frameworks
- Degree-educated with Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Science is highly valued
If you have an appreciation of current and emerging test-related technologies, methodologies and can demonstrate the ability to quickly adopt these and are looking for flexible working options and bonus schemes this is the right role for you!