Melbourne, $110,000 - $150,000 + super + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
Due to the continuous success and high demand from their customers, a global data analysis and optimisation software company is seeking a talented Senior Data Engineer to join the Australian division of the company.
You’ll be working closely with Data Scientists, Business Analysts, Technical Leads, Project Managers and Solutions Architects, with everyone following the same goal of meeting clients expectations and delivering a first-class service.
You will be experienced in the latest and leading open source big-data technologies, have expert knowledge of at least one big data technology such as Spark, Hadoop, or Elasticsearch and ideally have a background in working on platforms hosted on Google cloud (GCP).
You will have a strong coding background in either Java, Python or Scala, with history of working in an Agile environment. You’ll need to be comfortable dealing with both internal and external stakeholders, meaning you possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- 2+ years’ experience as a Data Engineer – proven Big Data experience.
- Knowledge of at least one of the following: Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch.
- The desire to learn and code in Scala.
- Experience of building data processing pipelines for use in production “hands off” batch systems, including either traditional ETL pipelines and/or analytics pipelines.
- Ability to run a successful Big Data project throughout its full lifecycle.