Melbourne, Up to $150,000 + super + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
Global Data analysis and optimisation Software Company is looking for a dynamic lawyer to join their legal function and assist the General Counsel in all aspects of legal matters across their international business.
With a strong focus on responsibility for all things legal in APAC (primarily Australia, New Zealand and Singapore) you will be required to provide legal assistance across all aspects of the business as required. This includes but is not limited to reviewing, drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, assessing Data Privacy risks, implementing company legal initiatives and function tasks such as managing contract databases.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a rapidly growing international business, working closely with the General Counsel. You will have 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role, ideally in IT, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced 'scale-up'. You will bring your enthusiasm, entrepreneurial way of thinking and calm approach.
- Qualified lawyer with minimum 2 years PQE (post-qualified experience)
- Experience drafting and negotiating commercial contracts internationally
- Knowledge of the legal frameworks used in Banking and Insurance (preferably Australian Government)
- Experience of working in an in-house legal environment
- Excellent communication skills – must communicate well with senior management and various other internal stakeholders
- Ability to work autonomously
- Attention to details and ability to deliver concise summaries