Sydney, $Neg + super + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
With the aim to transform banking and leading a revolution with their next-generation cloud-native technology, this fast-growing banking software company are searching for their first Lead QA Engineer. You will be working within the payments division who operate and own a group of highly available services that process a wide variety of payment schemes. With the goal of consistently building and maintaining a world-class platform that is scaled to unprecedented levels, you will be the go-to person for leading QA best practises for end-to-end software development.
In this dynamic environment their QA engineers are at the forefront of building reliable and secure platforms for their clients. You will help to solve difficult test strategies working closely with Software Engineers and key stakeholders such as Business Analysts, Product Owners and Development teams. You will be working in a collaborative Agile/Scrum environment and deliver excellent quality software against schedules, whilst evaluating the platforms functionality and creating test strategies and test cases to assess their quality. The right candidate for this role will bring above average domain and product knowledge and will have a desire to become an expert in this, being trusted to answer developers’ questions and drive quality initiatives to point out areas of concern. You will use a plethora of tools to define the quality of features such as automated testing, verifying, and reporting defects, and having to sign off on features and release candidates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or related fields or equivalent hands-on work experience
- Payments and Core Banking Experience highly desirable
- Knowledge and demonstrable skills working with Cucumber
- Extensive automation experience working with Java, Selenium BDD, Gherkin, Serenity, Web Services-REST and Web Services-SOAP
- Confidence in leading the creation and execution of large feature testing strategies
- Excellent verbal and written skills and the ability to work autonomously
Offering a competitive salary and potential bonus, this role is best suited to someone who is looking to go above and beyond and take charge when it comes to all aspects of their work. With flexible working arrangements and an emphasis on using cutting edge technology this is an opportunity you don’t want to miss!