Sydney, $150,000 - $180,000 + super + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
This cutting-edge exclusive trading company are looking for professional and motivated Full Stack Engineer to work on a new project to build out their order management systems. With a large global reach and 4 offices internationally in this greenfield project the successful candidate will work senior technology team members, researchers, traders, and other technologists to build a variety of core technologies including execution, messaging, and market data systems to support quantitative and other non-high frequency trading desks.
This role is ideal for someone who can combine exceptional technical skills, a strong interest in the trading domain and a desire to influence and head up strategic direction. This will all contribute to maintaining the growth of the organisations existing trade and expansions of new ones. Working closely with the Senior Executives and other cutting edge technology leaders, you will be responsible for building new tools and dashboards to provide meaningful insights into the health of systems, the state of orders, executions and positions, financial information, and operational data.
You will also be responsible for gathering and refining requirements from a variety of senior technical and non-technical users to help architect and design enhancements for the global front, middle and post trade systems. Whilst maintaining and improving existing internal and external processes all within a timely, collaborative, and professional manner will ensure success in this position. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in owning projects end to end; gathering requirements, architecting systems, and writing and maintain code.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
- 5+ years of software development.
- 2+ years of working Java or Kotlin.
- 2+ years working with front end technologies such as React, Vue or Angular.
- 2+ years working with database technologies such as MongoDB, Postgres, mySQL or SQL Server.
- Familiarity with AWS development and deployment.
- Ability to navigate large, interconnected projects while still paying close attention to detail.
- Proactive in looking at and understanding code and voice opinions on how to improve it.
- Can describe software designs at a high level (the abstract interface), low level (step-by-step algorithm), or anywhere in between.
With a competitive salary on offer and potential to earn attractive bonuses whilst working flexibly, this role is suited for someone who enjoys independent work but also values collaboration with team members.