Dedicated Support Engineer wanted for Global leader in Open Source Software – Tokyo (Customer Site)
Do you have a passion for Open Source Software? Our client is looking for a talented Technical Support Engineer to work across a market leading suite of products.
As a Technical Support Engineer you will gain experience working across the latest range of cloud technologies and Linux based systems.
This role is based on customer site in central Tokyo and will require you to be the point of contact for the client, and be comfortable working both independently and reaching out for support from the greater team when required.
• At least five years’ experience supporting Linux systems
• Knowledge and understanding of hosting and deploying on Linux
• Experience working on cloud based systems , OpenStack, virtualization and other Cloud Technologies
• Advanced trouble shooting skills, from application through to kernel dump analysis.
• Advanced knowledge in any of the following;
o CI/CD tooling
• Degree educated with a Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
• Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable
• A real interest in Open Source Software
• Comfortable working remotely.
• Must be fluent in Japanese and English