Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: David Leadbitter
With the aim to transform banking, they are leading a revolution with next-generation cloud-native technology. Rapidly growing, therefore seeking Data Reliability Engineers to join the team and co-own the data storage infrastructure roadmap, lead the requirements for implementing improvements, optimisations and technology changes.
Data Reliability Engineering is responsible for architecting and running the data layer of their main platform. You will translate the business needs into workable technology solutions. As a DRE you will ensure the data layer is observable, scalable and flexible to keep ahead of the demands of the high growth platform.
The platform is largely hosted on AWS, codified in Terraform and deployed with Concourse. Whilst making extensive use of Kubernetes, along with Cockroach and Kafka in the data layers. To be successful you will be familiar with these technologies and collaborate directly with the engineering teams to deliver projects as required.
You will have the desire to commit to learning how the tech stack operates so that you can be self-sufficient in developing, testing, deploying and operating DRE services. You are capable of working autonomously and will be a strong communicator who can digest and explain complex technical concepts. The opportunity to become a local team lead is also within reach.
- 4+ years commercial experience
- Production transactional PostgreSQL data store experience
- Production Kubernetes administration experience
- Kafka operational experience
- Cloud service tooling (Golang) or scripting (bash, python)
- Code management (git) and task management (Jira) experience
- AWS and Cloud configuration and operations experience
- Skilled in solving problems in large-scale distributed systems
- Be comfortable to participate in the DRE on-call rotation, to address production issues
- You are willing to have a go but with a level of caution/balance