Sydney, $120,000 - $160,000 + Super
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
This growing international software company is looking for passionate a Cloud Operations Engineer with strong automation skills to join their team focused on developing software to ensure the running and scalability of client’s infrastructure on the public cloud using the latest Open Source Software.
As a Cloud Operations Engineer you will gain experience working across the latest range of cloud technologies, as well as testing some of the latest tools before public use. You need to be interested in the scientific approach to operations at scale and be driven by metrics and code. You will possess the desire to continuously learn and evolve.
You will have a background as a software engineer fluent in Python and believe in automation as a pure software engineering problem. We are looking for someone who has a genuine interest in the full open source infrastructure stack from metal to containers. You need the ability to work in a high pressure operations environment with mission-critical services for global brand name customers.
This is a remote / work from home opportunity, so while working as part of a larger regional team, you must be comfortable managing your day independently and be comfortable not working in a traditional office environment.
- Strong Python development experience
- Knowledge and understanding of hosting and deploying on Linux
- Experience with some of the following; Kubernetes, Ansible, Juju, OpenStack
- Degree educated with a Bachelors in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills; collaborative and personable
- A genuine interest in Open Source Software
- Comfortable working remotely.