Sydney, Up to $180,000 + super + bonus
Job Type: Permanent
Managed by: Rupert Turner
Global innovative proprietary trading company is seeking an exceptional Data Engineer to work directly with fellow technologists and traders on making improvements that directly benefit this business. This role will cover low latency development, data processing, signal and strategy implementation, improvements to the operational pipeline and post-trade data analysis.
We are looking for a skilled C++ engineer who has a genuine interest in solving problems and building software that strives to be robust and fast. You will bring your knowledge of STL and real time data streaming to this varied role. Experience with Linux systems, networking and process management is also beneficial.
You will design, implement, test, document and roll out trading infrastructure solutions for the business therefore a solid understanding of data structures, their implementation and time complexity will be key. You do not need to know about trading but a flexible can-do attitude with the excitement to learn will set you apart!
- Good knowledge of C++, STL and real time data streaming
- Ability to work in an agile environment, flexible and adaptable.
- Good design skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Familiarity with Python and basic SQL is desirable
- Experience with KDB+ is desirable
- B.Sc. Computer Science or other engineering disciplines.